Real Estate Law

Have Real Estate Law Questions? Ask a Real Estate Lawyer.

Real Estate Law

In 2004 we moved into our home which was a lease purchase, we paid 60.00 to a notary per one of the owner's the total...

Customer Question
In 2004 we moved into...
In 2004 we moved into our home which was a lease purchase, we paid 60.00 to a notary per one of the owner's the total purchase price was 135,000.00 we were told we could make the many improvements that the house needed which we did,new full kitchen,new hardwood flooring, painting, full landscape front &back new toilets etc. We did this because we were told we could not ask the owners to repair anthing else because we were now buying the house ,during a plumbing repair we found out the foundation was in really bad shape, the foundation was the cause of all the plumbing problems the owner knew this but did not disclose it,so we decided we could not have the foundation repairs done right now ,so we decided to just get the house paid for then we could deal with the foundation problems so from 12/2004 to 3/2016 we've that 135,000 only to find out we had not bought the house the lease purchase agreement was invalid we feel we were deceived and out of over 150,000 or more is there anything we can do??
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Real Estate Law
6/9/2016
Real Estate Lawyer: Irwin Law, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Lawyer

Why do you feel that the lease purchase agreement is invalid? Have you consulted with any legal authority?

Tina, Lawyer