Attyadvisor
Attyadvisor, Attorney
Experience:  29 years of experience in General Practice, Real Estate Law and Estate Law.
68197583

I need to have a Grant Deed notarized sale of our property

Customer Question

I need to have a Grant Deed notarized for the sale of our property in Palm Deset, CA. I have been told I need to do this at the US Consulate. is this right and how do I get an appointment?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 1 year ago.

Yes, that is essentially correct For a Canadian citizen. You would sign the deed at the consulate and have them put an official signature and seal upon it before you return it to California for delivery to the transferee.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You didn't answer the second part of my question - how do I get an appointment there? I have searched their websites and trying calling with nothing but endless voice mail options.
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 1 year ago.

If you can't get a human being on the phone, I suggest that you write them a letter, or go there in person.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks but your answer was not really helpful. I already knew I might just have to go to the Consulate. thanks anyway.
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 1 year ago.

I don't have any other answers, so I will opt out of this question.

Expert:  Attyadvisor replied 1 year ago.

Welcome and thank you for your question. I am a different attorney and it will be my pleasure to assist you. Are you having any difficulty setting up an appointment?

Have you contacted them online? http://www.jud.ct.gov/lawlib/ordinances.htm

1075 West Pender Street
Vancouver, British Columbia
V6E 2M6
Phone:(###) ###-####br />Emergency Phone:(###) ###-####br />Fax:(###) ###-####/p>

https://ca.usembassy.gov/embassy-consulates/vancouver/

You can also fax the request.

Please let me know if you have tried all of the above numbers and we can go from there.

Are you with me?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Tried those numbers - voice mail hell and no help. Nothing online either - endless pages on a website and the search doesn't have the right answers either. I will have to go there myself.
You may have to but that is not right. I would like a complaint with the government. The people in these offices are appointed by the U.S. Department of State and are paid by tax payers. The fact the you cannot get a response by faxing them is inexcusable.
The complaint would go to the Inspector General's Office at http://usa-faq.civicagency.org/answers/9702. Let them know what is going on so they can assist and make sure others are not going through the same issues.
They even have a hotline at http://usa-faq.civicagency.org/answers/9702
Let me know if they are able to assist you.

Please ignore the premium services request.

Please feel free to ask me any additional questions that you may have with regard to this matter. It would be my pleasure to continue to assist you. If you would be kind enough to rate my service positively so I will receive credit for my work I would appreciate it. Thank you for using jA!.