How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 5436
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Yavapai County, Arizona officials have, and still are,

Customer Question

Yavapai County, Arizona officials have, and still are, violating my civil rights under the 14th Amendment starting in 2000 when they took all my property rights without due process on account of zoning errors. Subsequently, this is all well document since 2004, they were unwilling or unable to correct their error. The zoning map was corrected in 2012 after I asked the Federal Government for help with a survey. The county refused then to grandfather my home that was built in 2009 though the Ordinance clearly states that a structure that comes under the jurisdiction of the county after it has been built will be grandfathered. Their argument is that my 2009 home required permits prior to construction because the mapping error was made by the department of an elected county official and thus was not the fault of the permitting dept. since they fall under the Board of Supervisors. That in 2009 I could not even apply for a permit, because the applicant has to be the owner or have his permission, does not bother them. With other words I am now prosecuted for not having done what was in fact not possible. They have now imposed heavy fines and threaten me with criminal prosecution, however, their arguments are fallacious and have no legal legs. My objective is to file in federal court for compensatory and punitive damages. I need a Section 1983 experienced civil rights lawyer or at least on who can do the research and write arguments that I can file with a federal court.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question.
I am afraid that state law forbids any expert on this site from actually representing you or any other customer on the site. What you are asking for, someone to write arguments and do legal research is considered representation and you need to find a local attorney or paralegal to assist you. If you need local counsel, please use the same sites used by other attorneys, or
You may contact customer service at to ask for a refund of any deposit if you like or at***@******.*** or you can call Just Answer customer service at(###) ###-####

Related Real Estate Law Questions