TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JD, MBA
9373668

I GAVE A TENANT AN EVICTION TO GET HER ABUSIVE HUSBAND OUT

Customer Question

I GAVE A TENANT AN EVICTION TO GET HER ABUSIVE HUSBAND OUT AND LET HER CONTINUE TO LIVE IN MY PROPERTY WHICH I AM NOT SELLING IS THERE ANY WAY I CAN TAKE IT BACK
JA: OK. The Real Estate Lawyer will need to help you with this.
Customer: CAN I SPEAK TO HIM OR PAY FOR AN ANSWER
JA: You end up paying for the answer if you are satisfied with it.
Customer: OK HOW CAN I DO THIS
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: NO
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: HER CREDIT IS BAD SHE IS FAMILY I WILL GUARANTEE RENT AND HAVE GOOD CREDIT AND INCOME SHE ALSO HAS INCOME BUT THEY WILL NOT TALK TO YOU WITH EVICTION
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Real Estate Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to help if I can. However, can you please clarify your question? You ask if there is any way to "take it back." What are you referring to?

Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She has not been able to rent I am not sure if it is on her credit report if it is can I as the landlord ask for it to be taken off explaning it was not for her
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hi again.

Thanks for clarifying. I understand now.

Unfortunately, an eviction would indeed be on her credit report as a court judgment, and it cannot come off of her report even if you were to ask as the landlord who evicted. The credit bureaus have a legal obligation to report accurate and truthful information, and in this case, it is accurate and truthful that she was evicted.

The best way to deal with this situation may be to draft a recommendation letter on her behalf that she can provide to a potential landlord, which explains the circumstances of her eviction. When she applies for a new apartment, she can explain the circumstances herself, and provide the letter from you. It's certainly not guaranteed to work in all cases, but I suspect that at least some potential landlords will take a chance.

I am truly sorry that my answer may be bad news for you, but please understand that it would be unfair to you (and unprofessional of me) to provide you with anything less than an honest response. However, if your concerns were not satisfactorily addressed, then please let me know, and I will be happy to clarify my answer.

Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. I didn't hear back from you, so I'm just checking in to make sure that you don't need more help on this issue. If not, then please remember to provide a positive rating (and note that your positive rating is the only way that I'll get credit for helping you, so I greatly appreciate it). Thank you!