How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 5436
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I live on a waterfront property in Eden Isles, Slidell, LA.

Customer Question

I live on a waterfront property in Eden Isles, Slidell, LA. The lot next to mine is vacant.
The owner has not maintained the property and his bulkhead is showing signs of possible failure if something is not done. My worry is that if his bulkhead gives way, so will mine. If that happens, where's the liability for damage to my property? What are my options?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Alex Esquire replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is***** will be happy to answer your question.

I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.

Please note, I cannot comment on your specific situation, as this services is only limited to general information and for any legal advice /legal service you should contact a local attorney.

How is your neighbor's bulkhead connected to yours?

Are you worried that his bulkhead will fall down and flood your property?

Please clarify.