Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

My daughter and I rent a house in Windermere Fl. The air

Customer Question

My daughter and I rent a house in Windermere Fl. The air conditioner stopped working on May 27. He had someone fix it on May, 31st, but it is not cooling the house. The landlord says it's working perfectly, but the temperature in the house rises to about 82 degrees (the Lease Agreement says the temperature will not exceed 80 degrees). The Landlord says 80 to 85 is comfortable. In case you are wondering, the monthly rent of $2200 has always been paid on or before the due date, and we have never before in the 9 months we have been there contacted the Landlord to get something fixed.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Alex Esquire replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is***** will be happy to answer your question.

I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.

Please note, I cannot comment on your specific situation, as this services is only limited to general information and for any legal advice /legal service you should contact a local attorney.

Did you contact an independent licensed AC professional to inspect your AC unit and to provide you with a written opinion / estimate to fix it?