WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58, Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced real estate lawyer and real estate broker.
62735101

I moved out on sept14th gave 60days notice. had a flood in

Customer Question

I moved out on sept14th gave 60days notice. had a flood in my apt. Manager was at his cottage and had no backup to clean the water up. hegave me awet dry vacto clean it up.He never came home Iam 77 years old have diabetes and heart problems had my knees replaced,have abreathing problem and the owner or complex manager will not give me my down payment back what can I do?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  WiseOwl58 replied 1 year ago.

I suggest you file a claim in small claims court. Here is the link to file the claim.

https://www.wicourts.gov/services/public/selfhelp/smallclaims.htm

The truth is that once he sees that you are serious about suing him, he will probably send you your money right away because he knows you mean business and are not going to let him get away with this.

But if you do sue him, you will also win your court fees and any related legal fees back from him, so no cost to you.

Please rate 4 or 5 and close out the question. Good luck to you. I wish you all the best.

Expert:  WiseOwl58 replied 1 year ago.

The way this site works is now you need to accept the answer and rate it 4 or 5.