How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CalAttorney2 Your Own Question
CalAttorney2, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 10244
Experience:  I am a civil litigation attorney with experience representing HOAs, homeowners, businesses and others in real estate matters.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
CalAttorney2 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have lawyers supposedly handling our estate. My husband

Customer Question

I have lawyers supposedly handling our estate. My husband was killed and I was told to hold off on my payments while they checked on credit life. I got behind $12,000. Pipes under my foundation busted. The insurance company sent $15000 in checks. We sent to mortgage company to pay up the note. They refused to take them and now are selling my home at auction July 5. My lawyers still have the checks and now aren't returning my calls and I can't catch them in the office. Help. I don't know what to do and I'm running out of time. I have cash to pay it off that I just found out I got screwed over by them again and apparently can't touch. I don't know what to do
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 1 year ago.

Dear Customer,

I am sorry to learn of this situation.

While I normally recommend dealing with attorneys that are not doing their job by writing them letters and reminding them of their ethical obligations to communicate with their client under the code of professional ethics, your situation appears urgent and there is no such time to go about it in this way.

Your best option here to get immediate action from these attorneys is to simply retain a legal malpractice attorney right away and have them deal with your estate attorneys immediately.

Your legal malpractice attorney will be a civil litigation attorney and they can also try to work with the bank in an effort to get them to hold off on the sale while they are trying to get the money out of the estate attorneys, and hopefully the threat of an immediate legal malpractice action will motivate prompt cooperation.

You can find local legal malpractice attorneys using the State and local Bar Association directories, or private directories such as;; or (I personally find to be the most user friendly).

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have spoke to one from Houston and he couldn't help me. Can you personally refer me to the ones you think would be in my best interest. These are corrupt small town lawyers I'm dealing with.
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately we cannot make specific referrals on this forum.

But you are not limited to finding local attorneys. If you are not confident in your local bar, you can search for attorneys in nearby metropolitan areas (any attorney that is licensed to practice in Texas can represent you in state court).

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you handle the case
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately we can neither accept nor solicit clients on the forum. The best we can do is provide you with resources (such as those above) to contact local attorneys.

(The forum requires us to remain neutral in this regard as part of our agreement to work with the forum as experts).

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you very much for your time
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 1 year ago.

You are welcome, and I do wish you the best with this matter.

Thank you for using our forum, and please do not forget to rate my service so that I can receive credit for assisting you.

If you would like to direct future questions to me specifically, you can do so by starting your new question with "For William B. Esq." and a moderator will notify me.

Thank you again, and again I wish you the best.


Related Real Estate Law Questions