Legalease
Legalease, Lawyer
Experience:  13 years experience in RE Law, including LL/Tenant, contractor disputes, comm'l prop. issues
20355756

I live in a . I've spoken to the management company about

Customer Question

I live in a PUD. I've spoken to the management company about talking to the HOA members about putting up a privacy fence. This has been going on for 8 weeks. It takes days sometimes more than a week for someone from management company to return my call. No board member has contacted me either. I'm definitely getting the run around. I feel like everyone is completely negligent in upholding their duties and responsibilities. Shouldn't I have gotten some sort of response in a more timely matter ? There should be rules about that.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Legalease replied 1 year ago.

Hello there --

-

Is this fence to be on your own property as a privacy fence and paid for by you, or do you want it erected on common property so that every member of the HOA might have to be involved in approving such a fence installation?

-

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would be paying for it, however , it is common ground. It's an area of about 20' x 20' directly behind my townhome. In the by laws it DOES NOT say that fences are prohibited. In fact , it says they are permitted. Another owner has a shorter fence in the front ( sort of courtyard) effect. In really more frustrated with their lack of response and how long it's taking.