How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 117358
Experience:  Licensed attorney practicing landlord-tenant, land use and other real estate law and litigation.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I wasn't expecting someone to be on right now. I'm looking

Customer Question

I wasn't expecting someone to be on right now. I'm looking for my parents who are in their 70's and having problems with their siblings over property boundaries. Pin(s) were moved by their family. So when land was surveyed the surveyer did their measurement from where the pin was moved to.
JA: OK. The Real Estate Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: No because parents signed deed because of being harrased until the did. We could not find proof that the lines were being changed illegally until now. So I'm trying to find out if we're too late to do anything
JA: Please tell me everything you can about this issue so the Real Estate Lawyer can help you best. Is there anything else important you think the Real Estate Lawyer should know?
Customer: Besides the fact that is basically started a family feud. Our parents siblings had meetings without them there about changing the boundaries so it made it so homes and other structures were no longer on our parents land. Our dad feels that land was stolen from them which it was. What we need to know is if there is anything that be done now that they've signed the deed
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Real Estate Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Generally, if they signed the deed, then a court action is going to be required. If your father did not sign a deed agreeing to this, then he would need a local attorney to file a boundary action and prove in court by presenting his deed and a survey he has done, that 1) the land is his land or 2) even if the land was not his land, he has used and possessed the land openly and as such has acquired ownership of the land through adverse possession and they had no rights to claim it back. It will however require your parents being represented by legal counsel and filing a court action, because it does not appear the siblings are going to be willing to back down on this matter.