Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

I just purchased a poperty April first the owner new the

Customer Question

i just purchased a poperty April first the owner new the roof was bad also plumbing but didn't state that at closing. I didn't know it was as is property until last min
JA: OK. The Real Estate Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: No not yet
JA: Please tell me everything you can about this issue so the Real Estate Lawyer can help you best. Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: The owner knew about the property but didn't tell me what's wrong with the property they knew they had a bad roof now the roof leak and also they knew about the plumbing and it's backing up they should have explained what was going on with the property at closing which wasn't revealed
JA: Is there anything else the Real Estate Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: I believe my realtor who was working with me I told him about the roof and he said he's going to see what they can do at closing he didn't explain everytime I talk to my realtor it was always an excuse my home inspector stated in the report that you need a new roof is something wrong with the plumbing
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Real Estate Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

1. Did you have an opportunity to inspect the property prior to purchasing?

.

2. If your home inspector notified you about the problems, why did you close on the property without addressing them?

.

3. Or did the seller refuse to make any repairs?

.

4. Did the seller refuse to fill out a "Seller's Disclosure of Property Condition"?

.

5. What is your legal question I can help with tonight?

.

.

thanks