How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask KimberlyLaw Your Own Question
KimberlyLaw, Attorney and Real Estate Broker
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 4219
Experience:  13 years of experience in real estate law: Foreclosures, Landlord-Tenant, Condo/Coop, Property Law, Deeds, Purchases/Sales, Estates.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
KimberlyLaw is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

There was a flood in my basement. WSSC opened a claim and

Customer Question

There was a flood in my basement. WSSC opened a claim and later transferred the claim to the contractor that was doing some sewage work by my house. The contractor never contacted me. I reached him once by phone, since then I never heard from him. I sent him an email, he never responds. Can you help?
Thank you,
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  KimberlyLaw replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I am happy to assist.

You need to get in touch with the insurance company, rather than the contractor. It is their responsibility to make sure that this gets taken care of. If that contractor didn't show up and do the work, then it is time to complain to the insurance company and get them to take care of the situation.

I would do so in writing and keep a copy of the letter. Then call them once you think they received it.

Best of luck,


Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I opened a claim with my home insurance company, they investigate the case and reaffirm the problem was from an outside source.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  KimberlyLaw replied 1 year ago.


Thank you for that new information. If they determined it was from an outside source and they weren't going to cover it, then why did they make arrangements to pay a contractor to handle it? That is not clear to me.

I am not able to do a phone call, I accepted your question before you posted that.



Related Real Estate Law Questions