Real Estate Law

Have Real Estate Law Questions? Ask a Real Estate Lawyer.

Real Estate Law

Intrusive neighbor built driveway over property line.

Customer Question
Covered permanent boundary markers. His...
Intrusive neighbor built driveway over property line. Covered permanent boundary markers. His construction crew used my driveway to park equipment, dropped asphalt in my driveway and neighbor also parked his car in my driveway several times after being told by me not to do so.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Real Estate Law
5/26/2016
Real Estate Lawyer: legalgems, Arbitrator replied 1 year ago
legalgems
legalgems, Arbitrator

There are 2 types of trespass, civil and criminal.

Here is the statute governing criminal trespass.

For civil trespass, the elements are:

an unlawful intrusion or invasion upon a property,

intent of intrusion,

force,and

consequent injury to an owner.

The trespasser defendant may be liable for damages incurred as a result of the trespass- ie removing any permanent objects, any damage to the area, etc.

A trespass becomes intentional when the acts were done with knowledge that a trespass would result. It is not required that the acts were done for the specific purpose of causing a trespass or injury.

Further questions? Please post here to continue the chat.

Satisfied? Kindly rate positively so I receive credit for assisting you.

(no additional charges are incurred).

Information provided is for educational purposes only. Consultation with a personal attorney is always recommended so your particular facts may be considered. Thank you and take care.

checking to see how this worked out for you?

if you need an attorney the link is below:

http://apps.americanbar.org/legalservices/lris/directory/

Should you have further questions please post here; otherwise kindly

--- Rate Positively---
so the site credits me for assisting you.

Thank you and take care!

legalgems
legalgems
legalgems, Arbitrator