Real Estate Law

Have Real Estate Law Questions? Ask a Real Estate Lawyer.

Real Estate Law

Had a porch roof attached to a manufactured home by American

Customer Question
Home Design, after completed, building...
had a porch roof attached to a manufactured home by American Home Design, after completed, building inspector came out to give ok, and he said it shouldn't have been attached to manufactured home. He would only pass it if extra beams and post were put up. this is not what I want. The contractor got a building permit for a home not a manufactured home and a construction value $2,000 not $11,000, what it was to cost me. I told the contractor to take the roof down or I would pay him the $2,000 for the value, because this not what was on the original contract. what legal rights do I have?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Real Estate Law
5/25/2016
Real Estate Lawyer: Loren, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Loren, Lawyer

Good morning. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.

Was there a warranty in your contract? Did the warranty state the construction would be in accordance with applicable code?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
just wanted to know if I have any rights?

Yes, I understand. Your rights are tied to the contract.

Either way, your contractor has breached their warranty to perform the construction in a professional manner.

However, your remedies may be limited or defined by any written warranty in your contract.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
sorry reading warranty now

ok

Are you still online with me?

Posted in error.

Loren, Lawyer