Richard, Lawyer
Experience:  32 years of experience as lawyer in Texas. I'm also a Real Estate developer.
17027240

I'm to be closing in July house in the Colorado plains small

Customer Question

I'm to be closing in July for a house in the Colorado plains small town. I waived inspection objection because I really want the home and repairs are minor. And I didn't want to be pushy w the owner. I wanted to be friendly w competent, reputable title company who already sent me owner's title commitment/ tax documents of the past. I like all the people-the buyer' and seller's agents. This is a cash deal; I already wired the money from Massachusetts by my bank to the title co. escrow officer-they received it, holding it. Is it necessary for me to hire a legal representative for closing as I wont be present out of state, just drove out there 2000 miles, back? I'll be signing closing documents sent east and returning them.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Good morning. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you. There is no legal requirement for you to engage legal counsel for this. The three things you want to review carefully are: i) the exceptions to title on the title commitment to insure there are no exceptions to title which concern you; ii) the deed to be delivered by the seller; and iii) the HUD-Closing Statement. If these are acceptable to you, then you can simply sign the documents the title company provides for your signature, wire your money, and let the title company release your money and record the deed upon the title company's receipt of all the seller's deliverables. Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your questions. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow up questions, please ask! If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service as OK, Good or Excellent (hopefully Good or Excellent). Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!