How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 116828
Experience:  Licensed attorney practicing landlord-tenant, land use and other real estate law and litigation.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I live in a 70 unit condo complex in Horry County, SC. Is

Customer Question

I live in a 70 unit condo complex in Horry County, SC. Is the HOA association required to file any forms with the IRS or SC Dept. of Revenue by April 15 of each year.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
The association would be either a for profit or non-profit corporation or even an unincorporated entity, so it would be liable for filing a for profit tax return with the IRS and SC Department of Revenue or a non-profit form 990 form with the IRS and the SC Department of Revenue. This would be the duty of the secretary to make sure these filings are made.
Also, under the SC law, the organization must provide members access to review all association records, including financial records and any tax records filed and you as a member are also allowed at your own expense to have the records audited on your own to see if they match what the organization is claiming.

Related Real Estate Law Questions