Real Estate Law

Have Real Estate Law Questions? Ask a Real Estate Lawyer.

Real Estate Law

My landlord refused to negotiate with a representative I

Customer Question
chose to represent me in...
My landlord refused to negotiate with a representative I chose to represent me in our lease negotiations. At my landords insistence we couldn't start until the last months of the lease. My rep asked me to get at least one year so we had some time. Again the landlord refused, and committed to only month to month. He also stated that he didn't want to take over my business. Over the next several years I again asked to try to come to an agreement. He always said no with the statement he didn't want my restaurant. After several years, two months ago he said he had a relative who was familiar with my business and wanted to take it over. I didn't get any value for my business which would have been in operation for 25 years come October 2016. I had to sell my house to raise enough capital to find another location and get it open. When I tried to buy a down-sized house I was refused because my new business was not enough to merit a mortgage. I feel that I was used and damaged. Do I have no recourse?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Real Estate Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/23/2016
Real Estate Lawyer: P. Simmons, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
P. Simmons, Lawyer

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. Do you have a question regarding this? Why do you believe you are entitled to recourse?

Tina, Lawyer