Real Estate Law

Have Real Estate Law Questions? Ask a Real Estate Lawyer.

Real Estate Law

I have a reverse mortgage and now have damage to my garage

Customer Question
caused by an unmapped fault...
I have a reverse mortgage and now have damage to my garage caused by an unmapped fault line & earthquake two years ago. My garage now has a large break in the concrete slab and needs repair before it damages the garage & house. The estimated expense is large and my insurance may not cover it and especially if a reverse mortgage is a complicating factor. Please advise. Thanks.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Real Estate Law
5/23/2016
Real Estate Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
What is your question for us about this matter? Whether or not it is covered by your insurer is not based on cost, it is based on what your policy states about coverage, so have you reviewed your policy about what is or is not covered?
Tina, Lawyer