How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 118777
Experience:  Licensed attorney practicing landlord-tenant, land use and other real estate law and litigation.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Aloha, Found this on-line- 1. In multi-claim or multi-party

Customer Question

Found this on-line-
1. In multi-claim or multi-party circuit court cases, a final judgment is not appealable unless it identifies the claims and the parties for which the judgment is entered and unless it resolves, on its face, all claims against all parties. Jenkins v. Cades Schutte Fleming & Wright, 76 Hawai`i 115, 119-20, 869 P.2d 1334, 1338-39 (1994).My Notice of Appeal did not include an excused Defendant, how do I add him?
Thank you,
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Aloha and mahalo ***** *****
The excused defendant, if you want him back in the case, you would have to file an amended notice of appeal or an amended appeal if your appeal brief has been filed already. Unless this dismissed defendant is essential to your case, most times it is not worth the trouble, since once they were dismissed they did not have anything to do with the case later.