How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 118787
Experience:  Licensed attorney practicing landlord-tenant, land use and other real estate law and litigation.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Is there a statue of limitations on fileing a grievence, I

Customer Question

Is there a statue of limitations on fileing a grievence, I should have recieved around 1.8 million from my parents estate trustbut my brother says im not intitaled to because he is the execture
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
The statute of limitations for filing a dispute of an estate would be 120 days from the hearing where the will was accepted by the court. If you hired a lawyer and he did not pursue the money you have due, something is wrong here and you need to get another probate attorney to file a will contest to challenge the estate and your distribution share of the estate based on what the will states. Just because he is executor does not mean you get nothing, it means that he distributes the assets in accordance to the will. If there is no will, then you are both entitled to 1/2 share of the estate money and your attorney should have gotten that for you, if he did not, then you need to get another attorney to pursue your share.