TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JD, MBA
9373668

I live in Ca. I was served an eviction notice to vacate by

Customer Question

I live in Ca. I was served an eviction notice to vacate by the sheriff. I have health issues that make it hard for me to move. I am behind on rent but did not neglect this as I inquired with management on what to pay many times with no response. I inquired through phone, email and in person. Is there a chance I can stay in my unit?
JA: OK. The Real Estate Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: Yes, but just by phone consult.
JA: What advice did they give you?
Customer: Theu just asked for information and then it stopped there.
JA: Is there anything else the Real Estate Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: Like what
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Real Estate Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do my very best to answer your legal questions. If the judge already ordered the eviction (which must have occurred since the sheriff is now involved), then I'm sorry to say that it's too late to pay the overdue rent. Your tenancy ended when the court found in favor of your landlord. Accordingly, the only way to stop the sheriff from removing you would be to get the landlord to voluntarily stop it. I am truly sorry that my answer is bad news for you (and that's likely why the other attorney didn't do anything), but please understand that it would be unfair to you (and unprofessional of me) to provide you with anything less than an honest response. However, if your concerns were not satisfactorily addressed, then please let me know, and I will be happy to clarify my answer.
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. I didn't hear back from you, so I'm just checking in to make sure that you don't need more help on this issue. If not, then please remember to provide a positive rating to close out this question (and please remember that your positive rating is the only way that I'll get credit for helping you, so I greatly appreciate it). Thank you!
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 1 year ago.