How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 5436
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I would like information about my selling a house by myself.

Customer Question

I would like information about my selling a house by myself.
The property is located in Byron Center Michigan.
Who do I contact to represent me in drawing you a sales contract and possibly represent me at closing.
I have a commitment to purchase but may need to do a counter offer.
The buyer will agree to the selling price but cannot take possession until September at the latest.
They request to have the septic system checked.
They will pay $1500 per month until sold.
But they want the $4500 subtracted from the selling price.
Since I am paying $1100 monthly mortgage I really want to counter their offer.
I thought I had an attorney but for some reason he did not want to represent us.
I really do not want to lose this buyer.
I would like to find out what the hourly charge would be from the attorney that could represent us in this sale. If they haven't gone elsewhere.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Alex Esquire replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is***** am a US licensed attorney and I will be happy to answer your question.I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.Please note, I cannot comment on your specific situation, as this services is only limited to general information and for any legal advice / legal service you should contact your local attorney.Do you have a legal question that I can answer for you or are you looking for some online sources to find an experienced local real estate attorney?

Related Real Estate Law Questions