How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ray Your Own Question
Ray, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 42851
Experience:  Texas Attorney for 30 years dealing in real estate
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Ray is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I paid someone to oversee my elderly Aunts home and

Customer Question

I paid someone to oversee my elderly Aunts home and caretakers. I was to pay her $500.00 a month in advance each month. She quit less than two weeks later and refuses to return at least half ($250.00)
Can I win half back in small claims court?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.
Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today. You can sue here in small claims for the $250 or so and the filing fees.You can get a judgment for all here as she breached the agreement/contract.Even if it was an oral agreement here you still have a great case. Self help including free forms and step by step. I am so sorry that you had this happen.I wish you the best and thanks for letting me help you.
Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.
There's a $30 filing fee for a case asking for up to $1,500; $50 for a claim over $1,500 and up to $5,000; and $75 for a claim over $5,000.