How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Barrister Your Own Question
Barrister, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 38233
Experience:  17 years real estate, Realtor. Landlord 26 years
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Barrister is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a pool and a spa that being in a bad shape from my

Customer Question

i have a pool and a spa that being in a bad shape from my neighbors trees with yellow flowers and very slim sticks,and purple tree with small seeds all over my pool yard even in my barbecue when i am using it,the cleaning heads for the pool can't keep up even with cleaning every day,by the thousands,i arm replastering my pool and spa coasting me $7000.00,also since he plated his back yard the wall is peeling from all the water only where he plants.whats my rights,what can i do hire an attorney or what.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question..Are you saying that the neighbor's tree is dropping debris into your pool and spa and causing damage?.What are the total costs for your damages?..thanksBarrister
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry but I do not participate in the phone call program for the site and limit my interaction with customers only to the website. I like to have time to think about a customer’s question and research it so I can provide the best answer possible..However, if you wish to have a phone call with an attorney, you can post a request for "additional services" and your request will post to other experts that do offer this service. When another attorney accepts your request you will get additional instructions..Just let me know what you prefer...Barrister
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.
Ok, if the neighbor's tree is causing damages to your personal property, then this would be considered a "private nuisance" A private nuisance is an interference with a person's enjoyment and use of his land. The law recognizes that landowners, or those in rightful possession of land, have the right to the unimpaired condition of the property and to reasonable comfort and convenience in its occupation..So if their tree is causing you damages, you can sue them to abate the nuisance and pay for any damages to your property. As long as the damages were under $10,000, you can sue them in small claims court and don't need an attorney. You would just need receipts or estimates for the damages along with something from the contractor/repairperson stating that the tree was the cause of the damages that you were suffering..But if your damages are over $10,000 you would have to hire and attorney and sue in a higher court...Let me know if you have further questions....thanksBarrister