How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Attyadvisor Your Own Question
Attyadvisor, Attorney
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 7055
Experience:  29 years of experience in General Practice, Real Estate Law and Estate Law.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Attyadvisor is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My name is***** to whom this may concern I am buying a house

Customer Question

Hello my name is*****
to whom this may concern I am buying a house in del rio Texas. I was wanting to know if I can back out of the contract because of the work being done by the contractor is not being done properly and I have to fille for another extension 2nd one because he hasn't finished and has had plenty of time to finish. Also will I lose my earnest money?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Attyadvisor replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to JA and thank you for your question. Can you attach a copy of the contract that you signed for the purchase of the home? The terms of the contact would set out under what circumstances the contract can be cancelled and when the earnest money must be returned.
Expert:  Attyadvisor replied 1 year ago.
Are you with me?
Expert:  Attyadvisor replied 1 year ago.
It is quite possible you may have a way out of the contract, however, I would need to read the terms to see if you will be able to have your earnest money refunded.