How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 116737
Experience:  Licensed attorney practicing landlord-tenant, land use and other real estate law and litigation.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Real Estate Agnecy put sign on my property. I am not selling

Customer Question

Real Estate Agnecy put sign FOR SALE on my property. I am not selling house and I dont have any business with that real estate agency. I was renting house and interested party came to see the house and saw sign for sale and decided not to rent as he didnt know if I will sell the house soon. I want to sue real estate agent for potential loss and transpassing
Can I?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If the agent was negligent in placing the sign and caused you damage, then you can indeed sue the agent for trespass and the damage their negligence caused you in the loss of a tenant. The agent is liable for their negligent conduct and trespass, you would have the burden of producing proof there was a tenant and they did choose not to rent when they saw the sign.

Related Real Estate Law Questions