How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 102522
Experience:  Qualified attorney in private practice including business, family, criminal, and real estate issues.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Not quite ready yet JA: The Real Estate Lawyer will need to

Customer Question

not quite ready yet
JA: The Real Estate Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: I live in Richmond CA. I am being sued in Missouri for property owners association past dues. I do want to pay. I do not want a judgment against me.
JA: OK. The Real Estate Lawyer will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: What info do you need?
JA: Is there anything else the Real Estate Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: I am in arrears. The amount they are suing for is $1651.63. I have the money and want to pay.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Real Estate Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms. I am sorry to hear about this situation. In this case, it is very simple. If you have the money to pay and do not want a judgment, then all that someone in your situation has to do is to contact the Plaintiff and offer an out of court settlement. This happens all the time. In exchange for payment, they are to dismiss the case. This has to be in writing to be enforceable. Assuming they are in agreement and a contract is reached to this effect, payment is made and then they dismiss the case. NOTE that there can be complications.1) They can try to add on legal/attorney fees. This is negotiable.2) They can try to mandate that there still be a judgment and you simply pay it. If so, someone in your situation may wish to explain that they would have a hard time forcing you to pay and it would be easier in their place to simply agree to dismiss for payment now. I hope this helps and clarifies. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of TOP THREE FACES/STARS and then SUBMIT, as this is how experts get credit for our time. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars (or failing to submit the rating) does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith with a positive rating.
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. This is a courtesy check in to see if you needed anything else in regards ***** ***** question because you never responded or replied positively. I am simply touching base. Let me know. Thanks!