How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dwayne B. Your Own Question
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 33935
Experience:  Began practicing law in 1992
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Dwayne B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My elderly mom's boyfriend signed her name several years ago

Customer Question

My elderly mom's boyfriend signed her name several years ago to a quick claim deed in Texas and used it to transfer the property into his name and then on to a trust. He has now passed away and they are trying to get her evicted. We just now found out she did not sign anything. Her name is ***** ***** spelled correctly. Need help
JA: Since estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Texas
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: She has no money. She met with Legal Aide yesterday but they were really no help. They would not let me talk to them. I am her daughter and I had copies of all the documents. My mom is older and gets somewhat confused. We know the property will need to be sold but I don't have a lot of money to fight this. Property is worth about 240,000. There have also been a lot of mineral right money received off the property.
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: My dad never signed anything over either. He is not deceased. I am the executor of the estate however. I am their daughter.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Real Estate Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms. Is there a specific question with which I could assist?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Does she have legal recourse if her name was forged in 1992 on a quick claim deed? How can they evict her if the deed on her home was forged. Her name is ***** ***** on the signature.
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.
She can file a petition to have the deed declared void and also ask for an injunction to prevent the other party from moving forward with the eviction. That would be the best way to handle it and would allow a resolution to all matters. I will be offline the rest of the evening due to illness but will be back tomorrow morning if you have additional questions.