How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask KJL LAW Your Own Question
KJL LAW, Arbitrator
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 1440
Experience:  Attorney at Law Office of KJLLAW
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
KJL LAW is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My ex husband in the divorce signed a quick deed and deeded

Customer Question

My ex husband in the divorce signed a quick deed and deeded the home to me and I been the one who been paying the mortgage since 2009 but his name is ***** ***** mortgage not mine and now he wants to sell the house so he can buy another home can he do this
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  KJL LAW replied 1 year ago.
Good morning. If the house was deeded over to you as part of the divorce decree then he cannot sell the house because he does not own the house. The divorce decree should have mentioned and spoke to the mortgage. You need to look at the divorce order to fully understand your rights. You could scan the divorce order for my review.