How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ray Your Own Question
Ray, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 41573
Experience:  Texas Attorney for 30 years dealing in real estate
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Ray is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need to get someone out of my rental property in dale city

Customer Question

I need to get someone out of my rental property in dale city va
JA: OK. The Real Estate Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: No I've tried to get answers from prince William county police, magistrate and sheriff offices to no avail
JA: Please tell me everything you can about this issue so the Real Estate Lawyer can help you best. Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: I own a house in dale city. My daughter, 2 grandsons and her husband live there. Right now she and my grandsons are living with me. The husband is harassing my daughter and refuses to leave the house.
JA: Is there anything else the Real Estate Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: They are fighting because my daughter and he are separated but he refuses to leave her alone and won't leave
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Real Estate Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.
Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today. You need to give the husband a five day notice to pay rent or quit.Set the rent high enough he will not pay it. The landlord's first step in the eviction process is to give the tenant a five-day notice to pay or quit. As long as the landlord and tenant did not agree to a grace period in the lease, the landlord can give the tenant the notice to pay or quit the day after rent is due. After receiving the notice to pay or quit, the tenant will have five days to either pay rent or move out of the rental unit. The five days includes weekends and holidays. If the tenant does not move out of the rental unit or pay rent, the landlord’s next step is to file an eviction lawsuit with the court (see Va. Code Ann. § 55-225).To be valid, the five-day notice to pay or quit must be written, and it must include the following information:date the notice was served on the tenant(s)name(s) and address of tenant(s)the reason for the notice (that the tenant failed to pay rent for a specified period of time)total amount of rent past due and where and to whom the rent should be paida statement that the tenant has five days to pay the rent or move out of the rental unit (the notice should specify the exact date by which this must happen), or the landlord will begin eviction proceedings, anda certificate of service specifying how the notice was given to the tenant.Free forms for you here. You can staple it to his door, hand him a copy as well.After five days you go to file forcible entry and detainer. Court forms They serve him with forcible entry and detainer and you go to hearing and get your eviction owner.Deputy will serve the order and make him leave then, I aoppreciate the chance to help you today and wish you the best here.
Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.
You can use an eviction lawyer here if you need to. Lawyer referral
Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.
If you can positive rate it is much appreciated, thanks again.