How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ray Your Own Question
Ray, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 40991
Experience:  Texas Attorney for 30 years dealing in real estate
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Ray is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I'm a Virginia resident and am considering the purchase

Customer Question

Hi, I'm a Virginia resident and am considering the purchase of out of state raw land (no buildings) that is zoned residential at auction or direct from owners with the intent to resell to wholesale buyers. I'm also considering just optioning the land to buyers. Can you coinfirm if either of these methods require a real estate/broker license; and if so, can I use an agent/broker to act for me in the purchase/sale? Thanks, ChrisB
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.
Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today. You can purchase land here yourself or option it without a real estate broker or sales agent.Since you are the purchaser and not a third party then you can do this yourself.You can also option property and sell your option on your own here in Virginia.No broker or sales agent is required as long as you are the person doing the buying.I do not see any problems with you doing so on your one.It is only when you are showing properties or options not your own that there is a problem and a realtor is required here in Virginia. As long as these are yours here it is not a problem and no realtor or broker is required. I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks again.