How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Barrister Your Own Question
Barrister, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 38246
Experience:  17 years real estate, Realtor. Landlord 26 years
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Barrister is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My daughter is a tenant at an apt/ and has asked to be placed

Customer Question

my daughter is a tenant at an apt/ and has asked to be placed in a 3 bedroom, She has filled all paperwork out and returned it to the housing authority, and to the apts/// housing has informed her that emails have not been rec'd from the mgr, and everytime I asked the people in the office they say that they've not rec'd anything from housing//and housing said that the mgr will not send the necessary emails back to them, wheras she maybe able to move in. As a result of all this I now must start over again and fill out all the papers again.. Please tell me what legal recourse she may have.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question..Is daughter requesting to be put in a 3 bedroom or are you making the request?.If she is making the request, is she pursuing this with the housing manager?.If so, I would suggest that she consider hand delivering any application to the office personally or mailing it certified mail or with a delivery confirmation so she knows that they got it..But if you are asking if she can take legal action like suing them for them claiming to not have received her application materials and not giving her a 3 BR, then the answer is no since she has no legal right to be granted the housing. Her recourse here is to make sure that they get the application materials and be able to prove it and then follow up with them every few days to check her status....thanksBarrister. .
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No housing informed her that when her lease was up she could get a 3 bedroom. ..the mgr will not cooperate...I've pd the deposit, taken wk to housing.but housing is saying that the mgr will not respond to the email sent to her by them,,,and the mgr is saying g she hasn't rec'd an email.. which due to the x lapse u have to fill out and submit everything all over there some type of letter that can be sent to the mgr...r am I just at the mercy of the mgr and her staff
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.
Ok, thank you for that information.. If the manager is simply lying about getting the emails, then your recourse is to go over her head....everyone has a boss... and everyone doesn't like to have to answer to their boss why they aren't doing their job..So I would suggest that daughter complete any application, send it to them via certified mail or at least with a delivery confirmation and then if they don't process it properly, then she needs to take her mail receipt and contact the director of the housing program who would be the boss of the manager and file a formal administrative complaint against the manager for her actions..Once she files a formal grievance, that should get some pretty quick action because the bosses don't like to be bothered by complaints and will tell the manager to just get it done....thanksBarrister