Delta-Lawyer
Delta-Lawyer, Attorney
Experience:  10 years practicing IP law and general litigation
12711280

I have a weeping cherry tree in my yard and my neighbor keeps

Customer Question

I have a weeping cherry tree in my yard and my neighbor keeps cutting it back also I have a fence in my yard and she planted bushes and they keep coming through my fence, We ask her to cut them back but she wont.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Delta-Lawyer replied 1 year ago.
I hope this message finds you well, present circumstances excluded. I am a licensed attorney with over a decade of experience. It is a pleasure to assist you today. You have the legal right to cut back any branches on the bushes that protrude into your yard through the fence. She has the right to cut branches that lay over your property line. That said, if she is cutting cutting your tree on your property, you can have her cited for trespass. Moreover, you can have a legal injunction against her to prevent her from harming your property. That would start with a temporary restraining order that could be converted to a permanent injunction after a hearing on the matter. I hope that it does not come to that for you though. Once legal proceedings are started, neighbors rarely get back on equal footing. Let me know if you have any other questions or comments. Please also rate my answer positively (three or more stars). Best wishes going forward!
Did you have any additional questions?
Just checking in this morning to see if you have any additional questions or comments. I want you to be as comfortable as possible moving forward. Thanks