How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Christopher B, Esq. Your Own Question
Christopher B, Esq.
Christopher B, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 2983
Experience:  associate attorney
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Christopher B, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How do I get my foreclosed property back?

Customer Question

How do I get my foreclosed property back?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Christopher B, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
My name is***** and I will be helping you with your question today. This is for informational purposes only and does not establish an attorney client relationship. You cannot if it has gone through a foreclosure sale. You won’t be able to get the home back after the foreclosure by redeeming it. Some states have a law that permits a foreclosed homeowner to repurchase or “redeem” the home after losing it to foreclosure by reimbursing the person or other entity who bought it at the foreclosure sale for the full purchase price. Texas, however, has no such law. So to answer your question, once the foreclosure sale has happened, it is final. Besides redeeming the home, there are several other potential ways to stop the foreclosure from going forward if a sale has not happened yet. For instance, you may be able to:(1) catch up on the overdue amounts you owe (which is called reinstating the loan), or(2) get the foreclosing lender to provide an alternative to foreclosure that will allow you to keep the house, such as a mortgage modification, forbearance agreement, or repayment plan. Please let me know if you have any further questions and please positively rate my answer if satisfied. There should be smiley faces or number from 1-5 to choose from. This extra step will cost you nothing extra and will ensure that I will be compensated by the site.
Expert:  Christopher B, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Just checking back in, do you have any further questions?