How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Richard Your Own Question
Richard, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 55455
Experience:  32 years of experience as lawyer in Texas. I'm also a Real Estate developer.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Richard is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My parents and I own 1 half of a property of 38 acres. We all

Customer Question

My parents and I own 1 half of a property of 38 acres. We all live on the property.
we have all paid equal amounts for 1/2 of the property. Now my father claims he owns all of the property. We have paper work to show this is not true. But he has a trust to show that this is not true. What kind of lawyer do we need to secure our claim to our half.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi there Joe. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you. What you need here is a real estate lawyer that does litigation. I recommend one with litigation experience so that in case it goes to a law suit, the same lawyer can help you all the way through. Under my terms of service with JustAnswer, I'm not allowed to make a specific recommendation, but I can give you direction. You would want to either contact the state bar association or your nearest law school for a referral. I prefer the latter because they take great pride in their graduates and will take a more personal interest in making sure your referral is a good one because it will be a reflection of the school.