Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Experience:  Began practicing law in 1992
11068102

If neighbors kids rip flags off a newly done property survey

Customer Question

If neighbors kids rip flags off a newly done property survey and play with stakes, are you allowed to tell parents you will sue them if any damage has occurred? Police determined it was still in place but parents are angry we said we would sue if damage, and telling us that was illegal to threaten with possible suing of survey. They have three documented police reports of trespassing/no charges filed yet...
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms. Sure, there is nothing illegal about you telling the parents you are going to sue. I'm not sure what they are referring to but what you said is not illegal.