How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 19494
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My foreclosure case is in the appellate court. During the

Customer Question

My foreclosure case is in the appellate court. During the trial court I was misrepresented, no appraisal and I had the funds to redeem and my attorney is on a committee w/ the lender. He basically looked the other way.
Now, my lender wants to pay me a cash settlement and retain the property!
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.
What is your question?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Best option?
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the information. There is really no best option. The decision is up to you. If you want to keep the property, then you need to tell the lender to give you the opportunity to redeem. On the other hand, if you no longer want to redeem the property, then you can opt for cash settlement. Kindly give a positive rating to my response so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for doing this. Thank you for your cooperation.