How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TJ, Esq. Your Own Question
TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 12209
Experience:  JD, MBA
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
TJ, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I want to complete a quit claim deed adding my son as a joint

Customer Question

I want to complete a quit claim deed adding my son as a joint tenant with rights of surviorship
JA: OK. The Real Estate Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: no, I have little funds after being creamed in a divorce, with a man who had cancer and two days after i signed the papers announced with his doctors while doing an interview he was cancer free.
JA: Please tell me everything you can about this issue so the Real Estate Lawyer can help you best.
Customer: I want me son to get my home if something happens to me and not have to sell it to pay off bills my husband has left me with.
JA: Is there anything else the Real Estate Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Real Estate Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to help if I can. Do you have any specific questions relating to the deed? Or are you merely looking for a template to use? Something else? Please let me know how I can help you with this issue. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have template to use for a quit claim deed. But I do not know how to use it to leave me on and add my son so we are joint tenants in common with survi. I have used it in my divorce to release my ex-husband of his rights.
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hi again. You would deed the property from yourself to yourself and your son as joint tenants. So, you would put yourself as the grantor, and the grantees would be both you and your son, and after your names the deed would state "as joint tenants with the right of survivorship." For example: THIS QUIT CLAIM DEED, made and entered into this 12th day of May, 2016, by and between ***** ***** ("Grantor"), and ***** ***** and ***** ***** ("Grantees") as joint tenants with the right of survivorship. Does that answer your question? Please let me know if you need clarification, as I am happy to continue helping you until you are satisfied.
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. I didn't hear back from you, so I'm just checking in to make sure that you don't need more help on this issue. If not, then please remember to provide a positive rating to close out this question (and please remember that your positive rating is the only way that I'll get credit for helping you, so I greatly appreciate it). Thank you!

Related Real Estate Law Questions