How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Barrister Your Own Question
Barrister, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 37376
Experience:  16 years real estate, Realtor. Landlord 26 years
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Barrister is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am selling a house and am being charged that I

Customer Question

I am selling a house and am being charged for items that I feel I am not responsible for.
Title Search- I have a title policy and am selling the house.
Title Closing Fee to transfer title services
Water escrow???Water bills are current
LLC affidavit to board of county commission?
Transfer tax state deed?
Lien search?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question..Is there anything in your sales contract that states you will be responsible for those costs or that you are contributing $XXX to the buyer for closing costs?..thanksBarrister
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No. We reduced the sales price by 2K, but no other reductions
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
btw, trying to reset my pw.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
can you answer my question or do i need to do something else
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.
Ok, without any agreement, the only thing that the seller is normally responsible for is the deed prep and transfer tax and any prorated property taxes..The buyer is responsible for all the other fees/charges you have mentioned....So you can simply refuse to pay those fees and tell the closing company to move them over to the other side of the HUD-1 Settlement statement to the buyer's side....thanksBarrister

Related Real Estate Law Questions