Real Estate Law

Have Real Estate Law Questions? Ask a Real Estate Lawyer.

Real Estate Law

We are selling our home in Texas, we signed a contact 8 days

Customer Question
ago can we still pull...
We are selling our home in Texas, we signed a contact 8 days ago can we still pull out of this contact without penalty.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Real Estate Law
5/12/2016
Real Estate Lawyer: Samuel-II, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Samuel-II
Samuel-II, Lawyer
Hello This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard.The contract will have provisions for when it may be cancelled. For instance, it may be based on a contingency and if the contingency is not met, then you can cancel the contract. Such a contingency may be based on the sale of another home, or obtaining financing. There should always be a provision that will allow a cancellation after a home inspection for any reason or no reason.
Samuel-II
Samuel-II
Samuel-II, Lawyer