How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CalAttorney2 Your Own Question
CalAttorney2, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 10244
Experience:  I am a civil litigation attorney with experience representing HOAs, homeowners, businesses and others in real estate matters.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
CalAttorney2 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a member of a Condo Assn Board in FL. A roofer put a

Customer Question

I am a member of a Condo Assn Board in FL. A roofer put a new flat roof on one of our two 5-story residential buildings. Whenever it rained, the roof leaked into a 5th floor unit. In each instance we reported it to the roofer and had repairs done. Our condo assn paid the contractors. Through our management company, we have submitted claim to the roofer. The roofer has refused to reimburse our assn. As the amount in question is less than $2,000, we are reluctant to retain our usual attorney to pursue our claim against the roofer. May we pursue our claim without legal counsel? Please assist us in weighing our options. Thank you. MN
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 1 year ago.
Dear Customer,For a claim of $2,000.00 you can pursue this in small claims court without an attorney (see: - while most court actions by entities (such as an HOA) require an attorney to represent the entity, small claims is an exception).

Related Real Estate Law Questions