Loren, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years of real estate practice experience.
17897874

The HOA in my grandparents development is harassing them about

Customer Question

The HOA in my grandparents development is harassing them about their trashcans being in view from the street
JA: The Real Estate Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: no
JA: Please tell me everything you can about this issue so the Real Estate Lawyer can help you best. Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: My grandparent are disabled, they leave their trashcans where they can best access them and take them to and from the street during trash pick up. my grandfather says lately every trash day a representative has been coming by taking pictures of the house on trash day. Now we are getting letters in the mail from the HOA about the trash being in view from the street.
JA: Real Estate issues can be tricky and expensive. The Real Estate Lawyer will need to help you with this. Is there anything else important you think the Real Estate Lawyer should know?
Customer: I lived in the house for 7 years and the trashcans are in the same place they were when i lived there.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Real Estate Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.
Good morning. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.
Do the bylaws address the placement of the cans? Are the rules being enforced against other residents or do you believe your grandparents are being targeted in a discriminatory manner?