How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Richard Your Own Question
Richard, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 55289
Experience:  32 years of experience as lawyer in Texas. I'm also a Real Estate developer.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Richard is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My name and my mothers name is ***** ***** house deed and it's recorded

Customer Question

My name and my mothers name is ***** ***** house deed and it's recorded public record, can she transfers her name out and replace it with someone elses without my knowledge ?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Good morning. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you. Yes, either of you has the right to transfer your ownership share of the house. But, that only transfers her interest in the home and does not impact your interest other than if you and your mom own the house as joint tenants with right of survivorship, such a transfer automatically terminates that ownership and changes your ownership to that of tenants in common. This would be public record as any deed transferring your mom's title would be recorded in the real property records of the city/county in which the property is located; but other than that, your mother could do this without specifically notifying you; just as you could do with your interest. Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your questions. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow up questions, please ask! If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service as OK, Good or Excellent (hopefully Good or Excellent). Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!

Related Real Estate Law Questions