How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ray Your Own Question
Ray, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 42241
Experience:  Texas Attorney for 30 years dealing in real estate
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Ray is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a mobile home in Eagle Point, Or. I hold the

Customer Question

I have a mobile home in Eagle Point, Or. I hold the title for it. A family is purchasing it and making monthly payments toward ownership. Recently they said they have to move becouse they are going to have a baby. Great. He said he is going to sell the house. I told him it is in my name and he is unable to sell it. I need to know what are my rights as a title holder and how do I get a lien put on the home just to let him know I haven't forgot he still owes towards the balance of the home
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.
Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you tonight. This person cannot sell it if it is your name.You don't need a lien they cannot sell something not in their name.You can sue them here and fore them to vacate.You are going to need a local lawyer to file such a suit and get them out.Honestly if they will voluntarily vacate I would offer them $200 or so to leave.Otherwise you will need a local lawyer here to evict them from the trailer.
Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.
You can use him for the balance of the note or agreement and get judgment for all including legal fees and court costs.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have been told becouse he is purchasing the home from me and I am like the "bank" this is different than renting the home.
Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.
It is there is likely a foreclosure suit and then eviction.Thats why I suggested you give them moving money if they leave.I wouldn't blink at giving them say $500 to leave.
Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.
I am not set up for phone calls but can do unlimited on line chat, will send you the offer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thankyou for your advice. I will contact a local real estate attorney in Medford, Oregon.
I thought I was correct on this but the park manager said different
Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.
I wish you the best.Thanks for letting me help you.If you can positive rate much appreciated.
Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.
Lawyer referral here..