How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 5436
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

When I moved into this senior housing, I was given a 2 bedroom

Customer Question

When I moved into this senior housing, I was given a 2 bedroom apartment. I got a call saying that they need the 2 bedroom and will give me a one bedroom. Can they just uproot me out of my apartment and move me into another one? I just spent almost $2000.00 to furnish this apartment. I was told that a letter from my Doctor saying something to the affect that I need the second bedroom for a nurse to stay over on occasion. Is there anything I can do to stay where I am?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today. I'm sorry to hear about your situation. Do you have a lease for a set term?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, I don't think I have a lease. You have to apply for an
apartment and be put on a waiting list. It took 9 months for me to get in here.

Related Real Estate Law Questions