How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Andrea, Esq. Your Own Question
Andrea, Esq.
Andrea, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 12554
Experience:  I have practiced law for 25 yrs. with an emphasis on real estate, business law, criminal defense and family law.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Andrea, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I live in Katy tx and was beginning to wholesale. I was

Customer Question

Hello I live in Katy tx and was beginning to wholesale. I was wondering if I needed the purchase and sale agreement and a assignment agreement if I'm working with just the owner. And do I have to you just the TREC documents or can I use my own if they fit all the requirements need if I'm working with just the owner?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Andrea, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, and welcome to JustAnswer, My name is ***** ***** I am an Attorney. I will be glad to Answer your question and the only thing I ask of you is that you leave a positive rating. This will not cost you anything additional, and it is the only way that JustAnswer will give me credit for assisting you. The Texas Real Estate Commission ("TREC") provides the following guidelines - Contract forms adopted by TREC are available to any person, but holders of a real estate license are required to use TREC forms. However, TREC advises that their contract forms are intended to be used primarily by licensed real estate brokers or sales agents who are thoroughly familiar with these forms and are trained in their proper use.TREC also warns that mistakes in the use of a form might result in unnecessary financial loss, and might easily result in a contract being held unenforceable. Finally, TREC advises users of their forms that the user assumes all risks of loss if the forms are not properly used and they strongly advise anyone who uses or intends to use TREC forms to have either an attorney or a Texas licensed real estate agent to review these forms once you have completely filled them and before you sign them. Please let me know if you need clarification on anything, and I will be glad to explain further, Please be kind enough to leave a Positive Rating so that JustAnswer will give me credit for assisting you, Bonus is not necessary, but is greatly appreciated, Kindest regards, ANDREA