Real Estate Law

Have Real Estate Law Questions? Ask a Real Estate Lawyer.

Real Estate Law

Seller refusing to close on a short sale. I signed a contract

Customer Question
Seller refusing to close on...
Seller refusing to close on a short sale.
I signed a contract with seller for short sale
Bank approved it
Now 1 week before closing , seller is refusing to close it as he is asking the bank for relocation money
I deposited the down payment( big chunk ) to title agency via my attorney
I also spent like 2k on inspections, reports etc..
What options do i have now , what happens to my deposit money.
My Attorney is not responding to me too..
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Real Estate Law
5/7/2016
Real Estate Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Ray, Lawyer
Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today. You would have lawyer send breach of contract letter.You can sue for specific performance to force them to complete the sale and damages here including legal fees and costs such as inspection, etc..This is clear violation of the sales contract and you can also have lawyer file lis pendens to keep them from selling it elsewhere. You very much have rights here in such a suit based on the breaches of the sales contract.Lender is never going to pay them relocation money it just doesn't work that way. I appreciate the chance to help you today.
Reference to your remedies here. http://www.valerieavrinesq.com/home-selling-links-2/breach-of-contract/
If you can positive rate it is always much appreciated.
Ray, Lawyer