How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ray Your Own Question
Ray, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 41625
Experience:  Texas Attorney for 30 years dealing in real estate
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Ray is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

California real estate: rights of an owner of an undivided

Customer Question

California real estate: rights of an owner of an undivided half interest in a vacant lot as to utilization for a septic leach field. ( The owner of the half interest has adjacent lots with full ownership, but needs additional space for a septic leach field.)
The owner of the other half interest is deceased, and no probate has been opened , so my question is what can be done without any permission of the other owner.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.
Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today. You can file a suit for partition here with the court and seek a court ordered sale.The court would deal with the deceased person and likely force probate to be opened. Your other option is to sell your undivided interest.You can do that here.You can sell it to neighbor and get out of the situation and let him try to acquire the other half from the estate. These are your options here to sell your interest in California.
Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.
Reference to suit for partition
Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.
Sample partition suit I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks again.