How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 5436
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If my name is ***** ***** deed with my mother. And she is deceased.

Customer Question

If my name is ***** ***** deed with my mother. And she is deceased. I purchased the property, pay the taxes and maintain the property. She left no will had no spouse, but I have siblings. How can I sale this property?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question..Can you tell me what state this is in?.Can you tell me how you are listed on the property as an owner? .Are you listed as "joint tenants" or "tenants in common" in the wording of the deed?.Has anyone filed a probate case to settle mother's estate?.Would siblings try to claim some part of the house if they could?.thanksBarrister