How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ray Your Own Question
Ray, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 41013
Experience:  Texas Attorney for 30 years dealing in real estate
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Ray is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have my divorce papers from 7 years ago. It says when my

Customer Question

I have my divorce papers from 7 years ago.
It says when my ex sells the house, we split $
recent conversations lead me to believe this may not be the case now
Can I attach a lein
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.
Hi and welcome back to JA. Ray here to help you today. You would want to return to divorce court and file motion to enforce decree and order sale.You have right to seek court orders here and a forced sale.The court orders her expressly to split the proceeds.This is then enforceable by contempt. You could have lawyer send demand letter here and see if it is resolvable prior to taking it back to court.Court could also lien the property by giving you a judgment. I am sorry you are having to deal with all of this.

Related Real Estate Law Questions